Monday, August 31, 2009

Mixed Media Jewelry Project Idea Earth Metal

Copyright 2009 Margot Potter for Walnut Hollow

I created this mixed media design for the fab folks from Walnut Hollow a while back. It features their Creative Metal sheets combined with inks, CRYSTALLIZED-Swarovski Elements and polymer clay. I actually painted the clay this color and used the Sculpey Ultra light. I like that it's so incredibly light weight and easy to shape and mold. I embedded slivers of metal into the clay and created metal cones which I inked, rolled and threaded on wire. I made my own findings using 20 gauge copper wire. I love this combination of colors and it feels so right for fall. I'll share instructions when this project goes live.

I'll be back tomorrow with a new Teen craft for
I Love to Create. Until then...craft on with your bad selves.

xoxo,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment