Monday, August 24, 2009

MUMTAZ AND I







FOES OR FRIENDS?
25th,august,2009
10 a.m






Dear Friends,


Yesterday it was raining the whole day.at many places,the idols of Lord Ganesha was immersed yesterday night after pooja and aarti.as our flat overlooks into the sea till late night we could watch the procession of devotees singing bhajans and heading towards the sea for immersion of the idols. i felt nice.
as you all know i was on medical leave as i decided to feel the monsoon magic,relaxing at home forgetting the stressful days at office.away from work n colleagues back into my own dreamworld!that was really a nice break from the hectic schedule.
i was under special diet with no to oily stuff,rice and fried items.complete rest was instructed.
my maid Mumtaz comes in the evenings as she works in five houses.she is a beautiful n slim lady who is very religious.one can't believe she is the mother of six children.she belongs to karnataka.she was married at the age of eleven.she looks young. mumtaz comes to my house with folded hands and a cheerful namaste. then she prays to our God.she has always a sweet smile on her face.the first day i was surprised to see a helper greeting me with a namaste.Mumtaz is so kind enough sending me away from kitchen to take rest.she tells,
''Didi,aap aaram keejiye.sab kuch mein karoongi''.
i give her the usual instructions,not to use oil in chappati n to cook the vegetables without water only in the steam.[the normal healthy ways of cooking].
she listens and starts her work.''Didi,mujhe sab pata hei.aap jayeeye.''our mein chali andhar.
i used to feel happy;here is someone who doesn't expect any help from me.fine.
after finsihing all the work within two hours,having her tea,mumtaz comes again with folded hands to say 'namaste'.she bows to God and she leaves.so religious she is and iam happy with her ways.we should not undrestimate anyone.
at night i go to kitchen to warm up the food.i am shocked to find out that the chappatis are full of oil and the sabji is cooked only in oil.my mumtaz,so, obedient you are,not a drop of water is used:)and the real tears start flowing from my eyes at dinner time as the the subji is so pungent.shall i starve?noway!just take two three small plaintains and gulp it fast!
those who have read my earlier post,Getting into shape will be aware of my plight in reducing atleast one kilo per month.:)Sree Vidya n Usha Uthupu are my role models.i just love their personality!the beauty,the grace,the cheer,the enthusiasm everything inspire me!
now i just don't know whether Mumtaz is my foe or friend.:)whatever weight iam struggling to shed off,so kindly she will help me to gain within a day!soon after the monsoon magic the most frightening question i was asked,''anu how much have you reduced now?''i wonder!i struggle to convince no magic can be done within one month!it will take time n along with special diet,i have to do my workouts too!
''anu,hope you can resist the sweets and specailly the temple payasam.''[i can't resist temple payasam,dearies.:)
''anu,don't over eat''.[no,that i was particular.but once i started working all the taste buds tempt me a lot].
''anu,you should not suffer i future.so,please take care''.[yeah,i will].
''anu,read this sunday suppelment of manorama news paper.see,if there is a will,there is a way.these people have reduced their weight from 140 kg to 70kg.[i must agree,really inspiring stories.''but i never landed up the danger zone,na.] ''anu did you check your weight''.''not yet,i will do it''.[but i must feel that i have reduced atleast three kilos,na?:)]

nanda has bought fat free tablets for me and to be true i haven't opened it till now.it promises the reduction of excess fat but right now i will wait with special diet that includes sukha chappati and boiled vegetables and salads.
but hello,someone out there,tell mumtaz not to close the ways to a slim figure as now i have a will![who knows how long will i have this strong wish to gain an attractive figure]:)
i will be really angry waiting for Mumtaz to come the next day and pour out my anger on her.but the moment i see her with folded hands and a magicNamaste,i swallow the words and don't like to create tension. she is my helper and right now i need someone very badly.:)
so,keeping my cool,i tell her what i am not supposed to have and please be careful.this time i don't take a chance.i hide the oil bottle and chilli powder.i tell her to use green chillies.i can't scold her,that is my problem.:) so,hide n seek i sgoing on as she still loves to cook vegetables in oil.
in the end two things can happen.either she will leave me and go after taking the salary[as she can't cook the food according to her wish now] or my weight will be reduced. [as i have to start cooking now].
she drives me mad often.when i need her the most,the same day she will be absent to meet her urgent needs.the very day kishen reached for a short break,mumtaz was on leave.:)who is she?my friend or foe?
but mumtaz,you know i like you and i look forward to the evenings.you give me company and these days i've staretd supervising her,without her knowledge.hey,folks,but i must appreciate,she is very honest and honesty is the best policy.she teaches me by keeping silence,giving a sweet smile n magic namaste, we can win anyone's heart!:)
and i showed this post to Mumtaz and she was so excited to know i have written about her.

it's anu signing off............

it staretd raining.wow!i am enjoying the rain.this is my first post that is written from my office.i am alone right now and before my friends come to have the tiffin with me,i want to publish it.

tomorrow is my Kunjettan's birthday[vishakaham star].kunjettan's and madhav's birthdays fall during onam season.Happy Birthday,Kunjettan.May God Bless You To Have Many More.
nanda is busy making all the favourite dishes of maza now and we are in touch by chats.amma is fine.
friends,in my earlier post,Getting Into Shape,Deliberately Thoughtless had recommended Lavana Thailam.after that many queries had come to both of us asking for the effects.For God's sake,let us make clear that we are not the agents for it and not yet used it..the ads come in the magazines and try it out at your own risk!i was shocked to know that when you type Lavana Thailam in google search you can land up in anupama's blog too!:) My God!

today sreejith came to meet me in office;a young smart handsome guy.only after his self introduction i realised that he is shailesh's elder brother who has come back here on transfer. shailesh was my client years before and he is in calicut now.when sreejit got transfer back to this state,his only request was that he must meet me.:)shailesh,i didn't know i had left an imprint in your mind which is so deep and i'm sure i will get a call from you.you could make my day!hey,so i live in someone's good memories!:)

have a wonderful day ahead!anu loves you all. HAPPY ONAM TO ALL OF YOU!missing the wonderful pookalams that decorate the courtyards of the houses of kerala.
today's dedication is a beautiful song from Puthiya Mukham.it is dedicated to my best friend who reminds me patience pays and love is soft and steady n it exists for ever.:)
let a pookalam be spread in your mind while enjoying the video......................... celebrate each moment of onam days.
sasneham,
anu

No comments:

Post a Comment