Monday, August 17, 2009

WHAT WAS WRONG IN THAT?







WHAT DO U SAY?







17th,august,2009


Dear Friends,


Good evening.Happy New Year.........new month chingam begins today.Muppettu Thinklazhcha.most of the ladies are wearing kerala sarees and girls pattu pavada n blouse.i extented my leave so i could not tell others to wear the kerala saree.everyone here enjoys, so many of us wearing the traditional kerala dress,putting chandanakuri on forhead, wearing jasmine flowers and attending the duty!wow!really beautiful!hey, a mini kerala outside our state!and i was so happy to have the view of Guruvayoor Temple on the television screen.i get excited to have the glimpses of devotees having darshan in different temples.the best way to begin the first day of the new year!tehy are so lucky!
i relaxed on the weekend writing a new post n i'm happy, it is received very well.maza's long phone call and kishen's short talk made my day!i got recharged for the forthcoming week!
here, special I-Day celebrations were there by parties n dances. people live their life truly in the weekends,by attending the parties,dancs and music with soft n hot drinks.
the air is cool and it's going to rain.iam waiting for the wind to whip through my hair and the droplets of rain pelt on my face.late evening i will go to the balcony and the captivating scene awaits me in the sea with the reflections of coloured lights from the ships.
today i was thinking about my school days of little flower convent girls' high school.it was there i started watching the caterpillar on the leaves of plants.then the beautiful butterflies emerged.from the ugly caterpillar to the most beautiful creations!wonderful!i used to spend time near those plants,counting the days how long they take to come out !
some of my friends were asha latha,girija,fathima,annie,kumari and indira.my cousin latha was also in my class.geetha was in another section.she is also my cousin.daisy was a good dancer.she stayed in the hostel.i had special liking for fathima.she was so innocent and she had the smell of athar.
there was an Ashoka tree[Shimshipa tree under which Sita Devi sat in Lanka] near the gate and we played under it during games period.in the evenings girls stood in groups under it waiting for

their bus.a church was in the campus and we used to kneel down n pray.

i love my school days when i had nothing to bother about,the most beautiful period in my life.the competition spirit was always there right from childhood.i wanted to excel in the fields of curricular and co-curricular activities held in and outside school.being always the class leader many were my friends.and i enjoyed my band set performance!most of my teachers were nuns.they were very strict but loving.nanda was in the same school.she was called the doll[pavakutty].she was so cute even then.i had special liking for all the three languages,participated in essay,elocution and recitation competitions and won laurels for school.my favourite teacher was my malayalam teacher,a nun.her classes were really interesting and i took special care to do my malayalam paper well.the teenage,the changes in the personality,the pranks we played were unforgettable!for the mother superior's feast[birthday]nanda and me did a classical number together.all the way from palghat one dance master used to come to our house to stay and teach us the dance!and the most beautiful dance was the muslim dance of oppana style!:)we were five cousins in our house to learn the dance.


i had the will to win n achieve.i became the favourite of my classmates and teachers.in summer,we had lots of jasmine flowers in our ancestoral home.the cute buds which spread fragrance were collected the previous evening and we did the strands.the beautiful jasmine garlands were the most precius gift i could offer someone.and one day i took it carefully and gave it to my malayalam sister[nun].we addressed the nuns as ,sisters....................it was during one of the special class day in summer.and My God that was the big issue that day in the convent.a nun accepting a gift of jasmine garland from a 10th std student!the peaceful atmosphere went upside down!i was so upset the next day when i got the news from other teachers[many of them liked me].i was made feel guilty!i was told,i should not have done that!but noone told me why.


i was embarassed to face the headmistress and my favourite sister.i was terribly upset.so much of water flowed in Bharata puzha.but i still remember, the school girl who was questioned mercilessely by many for doing such a thing!still she doesn't know what was wrong in that.she was confused deciding the don'ts and do's.
later i had met the sister many times but we never discussed this matter.yes,she is still my beloved teacher who wrote a story and poem on me!she used to encourage me a lot!just for i took second group for pre degree,but changed to economics later for degree course.
i must be frank enough,to admit the scar is still deep and at times i still wonder why?can you tell me?then i never gave the jasmine to anyone.but they are still my favourite flowers.:)
it started raining and i will rush to the balcony now...............when i phoned today,amma told me she misses me a lot.amma hardly expresses her feelings and i felt so nice to know how much i am loved.amma,i love you,a lot and i too miss u.nanda is leaving on 19th.she is too busy with shopping n packing.i hardly get her on phone.

it's anu signing off.................................

all the best wishes once again for the prosperous onam season..........................hearty congrats to ratheesh,my blogger friend who is a wonderful reader,for getting engaged.:)he updates me with the best of the books published.and now ratheesh and preethi are in their own beautiful dream w orld;the most wonderful n beautiful phase in one's life!:)celebrate n enjoy!

and today's dedication is the most popular song of the time,from RITHU,a SHYAMA PRASAD movie........wine,woman n dance n romance the perfect ambience to spread the feelings of soft love in this state!and the song is dedicated to the one who loves it the most!:)i'm sure,you will sleep dreaming the most beautiful dream,tonight.


anu loves you all.

sasneham,

anu








No comments:

Post a Comment