Monday, August 17, 2009

We're All Praying Amy - Every One of Us




We are all Prayer Warriors tonight,
Every One Of Us, Big and Small.




Debbie and Richard finally got in to see Amy. I wish I could say this was a good thing, but unfortunately for Debbie she just about fainted. She held up till she got out of there. She called me right away and just fell apart. I had been praying as I knew she would be calling, and I knew it would be bad. I know her so well. I asked my Heavenly Father to help me with what I should say, to help me be strong and not cry with her, talk her through it. My phone rang, I took a deep breath, and turned it on as soon as I heard her voice. She just sobbed and sobbed. She said, "I can't do this Sherry, I just can't do this." She wanted to know what she had done to her? I said, "You can do this. Listen to me. Look at her little face, it is the same child you sent in to surgery. She just now has a little Bling, Bling around her neck. It is still our precious Amy Dawn. You saved her life. You gave her to God, and said okay no more pain. She is yours heavenly Father. He gave her back to you. He gave you more time with her. Yes she may have bling around her neck, but it is still her. Look at her closely. She is going to wake up and rally around in a couple of days and she will be watching your face. You just remember, she was in a very deep comma, and your singing was what she heard, so believe me she hears everything that goes on around her, and she may be asleep but she is listening to your every word. You talk to her and tell her it is okay."



Amy is on a respirator that is breathing for her. This is not uncommon with a tracheotomy. This will be for a couple of days. They have her sedated so she was sleeping, and it was just a bit overwhelming to see at first. I think the more she goes in and sees her the better it will get. She has her feeding tube, but this is a very serious surgery and it will be 24-48 hours before they are able to start feeding her through it. They have (2) billows on either side of her neck supporting it, and they also had a large hose that was blowing warm air under the covers to warm her little body. Debbie was worried about her being so cold, and she was grey colored. I believe she was grey colored because she had been without good oxygen for such a long time that it is taking a little while to pink her up again. She will have her color back soon. She is bound to be cold, she barely weighs 72 pounds, and has no muscle left, so how could she not be cold. Debbie was so upset. I hope I helped her somewhat. I just held it together for her. I sobbed like a baby when I hung up the phone, but I knew I had to be strong and give her some reassurance as that was what she needed from me.



For Amy we pray for God to make her stronger each day, and in two days time for her to be ready to be weaned off of the respirator. We pray for the healing process to begin right now for her peg tube so that she can begin to be fed some nutrition in 2 days time. We are asking for specifics lady warriors, we need specifics. Please pray for Debbie tonight also that she will have the strength that she needs to get through each visit. I so worry about her. She hasn't slept much in a week, she has a very sick child, and she is trying to hold it together. Pray for Richard strength also. He always puts up a good front, but he too is trying to hold it together. Richie is there and he helped hold the two of them up today, but I think he needs a few prayers too. His fear of facing all of this, has kept him away from the hospital, from seeing his sister like this. God finally worked on his little soul, and it brought him to the hospital yesterday. We just praise you Lord Jesus. Just bless this whole family with a healing process and let them all come together as one in support. In your name we are asking you tonight Lord Jesus. Amen and Amen.



Lady Warriors I thank you once again from the bottom of my heart. I just ask you to please keep praying for Amy to heal now. The hard part has been done, now the healing has begun. I will post again later tonight when I talk to Debbie. This child belongs to all of us Lord, so please hear our prayers. I love you all, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment