Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cherries Jubilee is My New Dining Room Color

Yes, I love Cherries!











I signed up for the free quart of Glidden paint, and after much consideration, I decided when my paint came, to go and buy a gallon and paint the dining room. Now I have always loved cherries and cherry things, and browsing through the color selections, yep you quessed it, I found Cherries Jubilee. Now as you can see I started with a bland white wall. It has always been so. Take a look for yourselves.








After a half gallon of Cherries Jubilee. Look at this!









I put my beautiful blue lamp that my brother Teddy made me, in it's designated place
that it was designed for, in my bedroom. I brought out the one in my bedroom that had the beautiful fringed shade, and placed it in the dining room. The big red pitcher I bought at Fry's grocer on clearance for $7.49. Yes that is right $7.49. I just love it. I am going to get a lamp conversion kit and DH is going to turn it into a lamp for me. For now, I just have it sitting in front of the lamp. The mirror behind the buffet, belonged to my MIL and FIL, and when they passed away, it was given to DH and I. I had loved it since the first time I saw it. We have had it 26 years now, and they had it many before that. The plate holder I picked up at a yard sale for $2.00. Love it. I painted it ballet pink. It was originally green. The dress form I so love in its place. I found it at Ross for $6.99. I am thinking about making a cherry print apron to put on it. Maybe make a hat for the top portion of the form and some sort of bling for the neck area. What do you think??







Here's a close up of my plate holder, and the cherry picture, glasses and country sign. For some reason the plate holder looks a lot brighter pink than it really is. Must be the lighting, because it is really a pale ballet pink. I love it.









This last picture is one of the arrangement I put together for the kitchen table. I found the pitcher on clearance at Fry's Grocer for $4.49, yes, $4.49, and put some sunflowers and eucalyptus in there for color and fragrance. I bought the little butterfly clip to bring in all of the fall colors. The little yellow dish I picked up at the GW for 99 cents. Then I put some colored scatter rocks in it to bring in the colors of the pitcher and dining room area. Loved it.








I hope you have enjoyed my little make over today. I was so pleased I couldn't wait to share. I know red is not everyone's color, but "pinkies", today it is my "Cherries Jubilee", and I so love it. Thanks for stopping by my little piece of heaven here in the desert that I so love to call home. Stop back by soon. Country hugs and love, Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment