Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cloche Party @ Country Wings in Phoenix


Marty @ A Stroll Thru Life is Hosting a Cloche Party Click on the Graphic below to go and visit all of the "Beautiful" Bloggers who are participating.











Marty thank you for being such a wonderful hostess and for allowing each of us to take part in your party today. Please take a bow. Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!







I wanted to make a little Halloween cloche, so I took a wooden candlestick base ($1.99 at GW), and a cheese dome($2.99 at GW) and set out to work. The bases were dark wood so I let that work for me. I took orange paint and painted over it, allowing dark wood to show through. I had my DH screw through the wooden plate into the top of the wooden candlestick holder to attach the two together. I took a handful of moss and layed it on the bottom. I found a darling little Halloween bridge on sale at Michaels 30% off ($4.99) and sat it on top of the moss, along with a couple of extra little pumpkins. I tied ribbon around the base of the candlestick, and took a few little Halloween buttons that I had and tied them to the ribbons. I even had a little Halloween sticker that said Creepy on it, and stuck it to the front of the base. Thus making a darling little Halloween cloche for the party. I was so pleased with the results. (I figured when Christmas comes around I will paint over the base with red, and make a Snowman theme.) Very inexpensive and so much fun. Below is a close up so you can see the pumpkins and bridge a little better.









As you can see below, I decided to add it to the Pumpkin collection that I have by my front door in the entryway when you come into our home. I just love it there. Please take note of the little pumpkin scarecrow guy on the right hand side. He is one of the items that are going to be in my 100th post give away. It is going to be a Fall collection of goodies. All you have to do to enter is go to my post about my boot, asking for decorating ideas, and leave a comment, and be a Follower. I will announce the winner in my Pink Saturday post on Sept. 19th. Don't forget to enter.










When Heidi and her Dad went back to Oklahoma, Moma sent back with them a beautiful little teacup and saucer for me. We have sent them back and forth to each other for years, as we always say "If we only had time for tea, especially when we are homesick for each other. Moma always said she never cut the apron strings we just stretched them from Enid, Oklahoma to Phoenix, Arizona." I thought it was so deserving of its own little glass cloche to preserve its beauty. I tied just a couple of little ribbons to the dome to make it a little prettier. Simple but so elegant. Don't you think?







The little cloche below I bought already made. I had never seen one so small. Have you? I am thinking about painting the metal bottom pink in color. Thought it would really make the eggs and roses inside pop. What do you think?









The last one I made for a Pink Saturday quite some time ago. Marty spied it, and then told me in a few months we would be having this wonderful cloche party and I needed to display it. The metal base was black and really ugly, so I got out the pink paint can and went to work. I then took a little moss and added it to the bottom. Years ago my oldest son TJ had bought me this beautiful little hummingbird statue, as my love for the hummingbird, and I decided it needed to be showcased, so here it is. After I added the bird inside, it just didn't pop, so I bought a small string of lights, and strung them around inside of the dome. Now it pops, and is so beautiful to look at when it is lit up at night. I took some pink and green ribbons and tied them around the dome handle on top. I just love, love, love it.








This completes my little cloche tour this evening. I so hope you have enjoyed yourself. As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven here in the desert that I so love to call home.
Country hugs and love, Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment