Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown

As a child, there weren't alot of movies that came on TV to watch. We didn't have cartoons except on Saturday, and then only from 8am - 12 noon, and you could only watch them when all of your chores were completed that morning. It was a priviledge. Imagine that! When these cartoon movies came into the schedule line up for the season, as kids we knew stuff was coming our way. Movies for us. On October 27, 1966, this cartoon movie aired for the very first time. I was 9 years old. "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." As kids we got 30 minutes of fame, when parents went off to do other things and let kids watch something just for them.





We would start lining up for the movie by 6:30pm. We always fought over the best seat, but when we look at it today, the funny thing is, we were all in a row on the floor, exactly smack dab in front of the TV, they were all the same seats and all the best seats. Some things never change, as over the years I have watched my kids fight over where they are going to sit to watch the same exact movie, and now I watch my grandkids do the very same thing.





With Fall coming, I always have these wonderful memories of being a kid, and being so excited as a cartoon was coming on in the evening. Who can forget this famous scene from "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown?" Good Grief!!!









As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs blogger friends, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment