Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Pink Saturday - 100th Post Winner Is...




Happy Pink Saturday "Pinkies"
Pink Saturday is hosted by our lovely Ms. Beverly
@ How Sweet the Sound.
Click the link above to view her site with
a list of many other Pink Saturday participants.
Please take the time to go and visit our other"Pinkies".
They really are a lot of fun!! You will not believe what is pink today.






Happy 100th Post to My "Country Wings In Phoenix".
What better way to start off than with Pink Balloons ofcourse.




Ladies today I am serving pink cupcakes. Please help yourself to one.
Nothing but the best for my "Pinkies".





Speaking of the best. Pink Champagne for all. Please lift your glasses and help me in making a toast to the next 100 posts. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You are my sisters, my friends, and my refuge from the storm. Thank you all.







Getting around with this boot has been a little hard for me. I found I had to swallow my pride and buy a cane to help me balance myself. "Pinkies" look at what I found at CVS pharmacy. I am so loving this cane. It is covered in pink roses. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Who said a cane can't be fun for us "pinkies"?










I know everyone is just dying to know what I did with this darn boot. Here is the front of it before I have it strapped up. I took little tiny pink ballet pom pom trim and hand sewed it on first. Isnt' this sweet?









Tassels were a suggestion, wouldn't work. You have to be able to get this boot on and off, and the tassels got in the way of trying to strap and unstrap it. Then gluing stones on the straps, well those didn't work either, they wouldn't go under the buckles that the straps go through to velcro. I have to be able to unstrap it to get it off. Here is what I did do. I had some old trim pieces that I took apart and wa - la...








I believe we called these frogs. I took them apart and tacked them down for a little pizazz to the boot. What do you think? If you will notice, on the pump button, I added a little jeweled crown. I thought it was appropriate for the Queen boot. Now the sides are another story. I wanted something related to Country Wings as I so love that name so...








I put little fuschia hearts metallic on the boot part, where there is no velcro(ing), loved them. The little patch, has a heart in the middle, with little wings on either side. I really loved them. I decorated both sides identical. I was really pleased with how it turned out. I truly had so many suggestions, but finding pink decorations is a lot more challenging than you would think, and I ran out of resources. Thank you all for having fun with me. I have so enjoyed this little drawing. Oh my gosh, speaking of drawing. Heidi Girl, where are you? Time to draw.








Here are the results of my 100th post drawing. The winner is...







MiMi @ Our Family Attic. Congratulations MiMi. Please go to my profile, get my email address and email me your mailing address. I will be getting your box out to you this next week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together. Now...



Because I had such a great turn out for this drawing I decided to also give (1) additional small gift. The second name drawn is...



Rebecca @ A Gathering of Thoughts. Rebecca, please go to my profile, get my email address and email me your mailing address also.




In Closing:


The paintings above were created by
Karen Harvey Cox. If you don't know her, you have truly missed out. She created these cards especially for our Amy Girl. She entitled it "The Gift of Hope". We thought it would be so wonderful if everyone printed this card, and mailed it to Amy Girl. She has a hospital bed that is set up in Debbie's front room. Amy watches out the picture window every day, she can see Debbie's gardens and she can see the mailman come up on the porch to deliver the mail. (Her cancer has so progressed, she can no longer go outside.) Amy watches for cards every day. Debbie has what she calls "Mail Call" for Amy Girl. They open the cards and Debbie reads them and they are posted all over the living room where Amy can see all the love that we each have for her. Karen says why not the gift of Hope? Please click on Karen's link above to go to her blog and read the beautiful tribute and see the Gift of Hope for Amy. She has instructions on how to print them and everything. We so want to stuff Debbie's mailbox with love and hope for Amy Girl.


As always "Pinkies" thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love, Sherry



No comments:

Post a Comment